Tuesday 15 July 2014

Exciting new find for great tea and cake in Bucks

IT is official. My friend Lara appears to know all the best places for tea and cake. 
'Have you heard about the pop-up cafe at Peterley Manor Farm in Prestood,' she says. 
'It has pick your own too.'
So along we went one Saturday on a beautiful sunny day and it was amazing!! The cafe is in a yurt and it is charming. The china is lovely, the decor is floral and vintage and the food is amazing!
It serves brunch, lunch and tea and cake, and I combined two of these. I had the scrambled egg and smoked salmon on brown bread (£6.15), which was so well done. The eggs were creamy and cooked just right and the salmon was a good quality. 
I also treated myself to a pot of tea (£2.30), which tasted like no other tea I had tried and was loose leaf. It was realy fragrant and quite fruity, in a good way.
I also had a slice of the strawberries and cream cake (£3.75), which was deliciously rich.  There were layers of cream between moist sponge, all with a strawberry flavour. It was amazing.
We then picked our own fruit, and went away with a smile on our faces. I would highly recommend this place. I hope I will be going back for more cake soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment