Monday 19 August 2013

Afternoon tea at a beautiful hotel in Evesham

I went to The Wood Norton Hotel in Evesham, where my brother works, with my mum and dad for afternoon tea.
It was a beautifully sunny afternoon and we sat outside in the splendid grounds, with lovely gardens.
Mum and I enjoyed a refreshing glass of champagne, before tucking into the main event. The finger sandwiches were ham, salmon and cucumber, which were all tasty with substantial fillings.
There was a fruit and plain scone each with strawberry jam and thick clotted cream. The scone was huge! And I could only manage one but they were very well done.
Unfortunately the lemon drizzle cake was a bit dry and the carrot cake missed a cream topping- however the carrot cake was very tasty. It was a lovely afternoon in the sunshine and one I would recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment