Thursday 9 January 2014

Two great lunch dates

Quiche times
HAPPY New Year to one and all. The business of December just got right on top of me so I didn’t have much chance to blog in December. I made the traditional Yule Log and some rather dry Chocolate Reindeer Cakes, which looked cute, but weren’t the tastiest.
But I’m back on it now. Starting with a lovely little cafe.

I HAD some lovely lunch dates when I was home in Herefordshire. The first was with my mum and Auntie Sue when we went to Cheltenham shopping. We happened upon the Slug and Lettuce, which was packed. But we waited for a table and were seated after 10 minutes. It was 50% off food as it was a Monday.
I went for the Grilled chicken fillet burger (£8.25). It was really tasty with great seasoning and a soft, fresh bun. The chips were really crisp and I loved the spicy slaw. I was thoroughly impressed for a nice lunch time snack.

The next day I went to Pembridge with Rach and her two dogs, Finch and Sparkle. We went to Ye Olde Steppes Shop and Tearoom in the High Street, which is set in a 500 year old back and white building. It was a lovely little tea room and a warming, comfortable atmosphere and very friendly staff- I really liked it and you can browse the shop afterwards.
I went for the special of brie and bacon quiche- the pastry was the perfect texture and not too rich and the filling was not too cheesy either. It was served with a lovely side salad and even better home made coleslaw. All for £7.99.
Rach went for a slab of Victoria sponge which looked great. Pembridge is a lovely spot- we went for a nice walk afterwards and there is a fantastic art gallery brimming with great artwork next to the cafe. It is worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment