Monday 13 January 2014

Baroosh in Marlow: well worth a visit

I THINK I might have mentioned Baroosh on this blog before but it’s definitely worth a second mention.
It sits in the centre of Marlow’s High Street and has become a popular place to meet. My boyfriend, Tom, and I went in on a very busy Saturday. There were hardly any places left to sit but we did manage to nab one by the bar.
The service has greatly improved since I last came in. Although busy, we got served pretty quickly. The waiter said they had been nonstop since they opened at 9.30am.
There is a really cool atmosphere to the place, with a varied clientele, but I was quite surprised to learn no kids are allowed and saw a family get turned away. The staff are young and trendy and I think they are trying to create a London bar type vibe.
We had lunch there. Tom went for the Tapas menu, where you can get three dishes for £12. He had the halloumi, sticky sausages and the popcorn mussels. I think halloumi cheese is one of the worst creations and hate the texture and bland taste. But Tom really enjoyed his. The sausages were delicious- thick and meaty and full of flavour. The popcorn mussels are also delicious and covered in batter. He also had the bread board, which is delicious.
I went for the soup and sandwich for £5.95. I had prawn cocktail in wholemeal bread. The prawns were plump and juicy but the bread on the outside was a little dry. The soup was lovely though- it was red pepper and tomato and tasted delicious. For £6 you can’t really go wrong.
The menu is pretty simple but reasonably priced. I would recommend a visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment