Wednesday 5 March 2014

The Pantry in Hazlemere

I HAD quite possibly one of the best sandwiches I have ever tried at The Pantry in Hazlemere. It has been opened for about a year and I have kept meaning to go, so when my friend, Rachel came to stay we headed up there.
It's got a really nice feel to it, with young, helpful staff and nice wooden tables and bright colours. There was a lovely display of cakes but I stuck to the sandwich selection.
I had the beef, caramelised onion, aoili sandwich served in focaccia bread. The beef was lovely- perfectly cooked, soft and tender- none of this processed rubbish. And the combination of the sweet caramelised onions and not over powering aoili worked wonderfully together. The bread was also fresh and well done. All for £5.95 and beautifully presented on a wooden board.
Rachel went for the smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel (£4.95), which was also excellently done.
The next day we went to the Cedar Coffee Shop in Marlow and again it was brilliant. I had the chicken, bacon and avocado brown baguette. It was presented so beautifully- so much care and attention had gone into the presentation. And to top it off it tasted great with fresh ingredients. The Chai Latte was also really good- sweeter than usual and better than the chains. This cost about £8, which was reasonable. Rach went for the home made soup, which was also lovely, and served with a home made baguette.
I would thoroughly recommend both.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog post has inspired me to try out The Pantry this weekend. It's also great to find someone else in High Wycombe who loves their food as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete