Tuesday 15 April 2014

Mexicano!

The chimichanga
Ok... So just how is it April already? Nearly May. I can't believe how fast time is going. Hence why the blog updates have been a bit slack. But I'm here now... That's the main thing right. And I'm here with a little recommendation in Monmouth (recently voted in the top four places to live. Moco's Mexican Restaurant in Church Street to be exact. I went there with three home pals and it was good. Ok, it's not the most stylish or extravagent Mexican but it's simple, well priced and huge portions. We ordered nachos for starters until I remembered I had given up crisps for Lent. Jemma proceeded to tell me they were the best Nachos she had ever had- thanks Jem. I had garlic mushrooms, which were simply garlic mushrooms cooked in garlic butter. They were tasty and the staff did them very quickly. I then had the beef chimichanga for main. I must confess I was a bit disappointed it was mince and not strips of beef but it was tasty nonetheless and served with guacamole and sour cream. There were two packed parcels. I only managed one and ate the other a few days later and it tasted great. The others had burritos and chilli. It was just under £20 a head got a starter, main and two bottles of house wine, which I think is reasonable. It's worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment