Tuesday 30 July 2013

A few little recommendations....

Just a few quick recommendations.... The £12.95 set menu at Pizza Express is really good. The choice is quite limited for starters and mains but it is still good. I had dough balls for starters, and then the American Hot Pizza Leggara, which I thought was really good. I wouldn't normally go for a pizza with a hole, which is then filled with salad, but I need to be a bit more careful with what I eat and this was really good actually. The pudding choice is chocolate fudge cake or icecream. I had the strawberry and vanilla icecream, which was really nice. An all round good meal. The Rose and Crown in Severn Stoke in Worcestershire is also a good pub, which a nice outside area. I went for the Seafood Linguine (£9.95). It was quite simple but it had a nice lot of fish and there was a side of garlic bread. The sauce was a little bit thick, but still nice. There is a huge selection of puddings. I went for the Key Lime Pie, which is about £5. It was nice but not as good as the one I make. I think of this dessert as a cheesecake style dish but this was more like lemon meringue. All in all reasonable pub grub though. And I have also had a few Marks and Spencers picnics. I have to recommend the Make Today Delicious- the amazing Vietnamese rolls are lovely crunchy fresh bites, the sweet potato and barley salad is fresh yet really tasty, the antipasti meat platter is also beautiful. The chicken and asparagus quiche is a great combination and I really like the Moroccon lamb bites. The chocolate sundae from the chilled area is really saucey and not too rich. The only disappointment I had was the flat bread sandwich, it was the Moroccan chicken and it was quite dry and not something I would recommend. The White Grape fizzy drink is also beautiful- it tastes like a light wine but it is alocohol free- perfect for drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment