Friday 19 July 2013

Good pub grub in Berks and Bucks

I have been to a few good pubs within the last month or two. I went to The Potters Arms in Winchmore Hill in Bucks, which has a small pub garden for the sunny weather and has a good menu. The landlord, Richard, is lovely and will make you feel really welcome.
Before it got hot I went there for a pork roast. The best thing about it, by far, was the long piece of crackling across it, which was perfectly crisp and salty. The pork was also good. The veggies were a little bit plain but all well cooked and tasty.
The pudding was amazing. I had the Profiterole Cheesecake, which
was so calorific! The creamy cheesecake sat underneath three cream filled profiteroles and was covered in caramel and even had cream on the side. Having a sweet tooth I finished it off no problem.

A few weeks later I went to The Cunning Man in Burghfield Bridge, near Reading. It has a huge pub garden and it was really hot and lovely. I went for the Wild Boar and Chorizo burger, which was delicious. It was a thick, well seasoned burger which made a change to the usual beef. It was served with crispy chips and was a good price at £10.95.
I also had the Eton Mess for pudding. This was a bit different as it had a strawberry mousse and icecream- I have to say I prefer the classic mix of cream, fruit and meringue. Otherwise a good spot.

I went a bit mad that weekend on the burgers and the day before I ate in Kick in Hoxton, London. It has a simple menu and I went for their homemade burger- which I have to say was surpisingly delicious. Well recommended.

Time to do some sit ups....

No comments:

Post a Comment