Friday 18 January 2013

Delicious food at Ask

I went to Ask last Friday with Megan and I was thoroughly impressed with the quality of food, which was a lot better than I expected. I went to the one in High Wycombe armed with a Two courses for £10 o2 voucher, which made it even better.
I went for the Butterfly King Prawns, which are usually £6.95. They are oven roasted with a slice of bread in garlic butter served in a skillet. The prawns were so tasty- rich and succulent. And the crispy bread soaked in the garlic butter finished off the prawns a treat.  Megan went for the Insalata Caprese which is mozzarella, tomatoes, rocket and basil with extra virgin oil. It looked tasty and fresh.
We then both went for an oven baked main. I went for the Rigatoni Al Manzo Piccante (normally £10.35) which is baked rigatoni with ragu, chopped beef meatballs, green chillies, red peppers, white wine and caramelised onions topped with mozzarella and Grana Padano cheese, served with a side salad.
It was really nicely presented which is always a good start.
The dish had quite a kick which gradually warmed my mouth up but it wasn't too much and not being a big cheese lover it was just the right amount of cheese.
Megan had Penne Al Pollo Della Casa, which is pasta with chicken and mushrooms baked in a creamy mushroom, thyme and white wine sauce topped with cheese and served with salad. I have had this before and it is really good- creamy and satisfying.
The service was good, besides a slightly odd man at the start who had a slight problem with personal space. And the red Shiraz, which was the cheapest on the menu was drinkable! Although next time I think I will pay a few pounds more for a glass of Merlot.
Ask is doing a really good job as an Italian chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment