Thursday 30 August 2012

Bank Holiday eating

My dear pal Kat came to High Wycs to visit over the Bank Holiday and did we fill our bellies! We went for a Cream Tea in the village of West Wycombe at the Community Library. They do it every Sunday during the summer and it was AMAZING. For the pricely sum of £7 we got quiche, a round of sandwiches (prawn and chicken and stuffing for me and cheese, prawn and egg for Kat), a walnut and carrot cake for me and coffee cake for Kat, and if this wasn't enough a scone with jam and clotted cream. It was great- so full it hurt.
I also cooked some brownies but will do a separate entry for those.
Mmmmm pie
The next day we both fancied pie (we had stinking hangovers) and we went to the Chequers Inn in Great Missenden. I had a great steak and ale pie, which I couldn't quite finish, with good home made chips and nice veggies. Kat had a brie, cranberry and maybe mushroom combination in pastry. These both hit the spot. It is a nice friendly pub and reasonably priced and one I would recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment