Monday 6 August 2012

The best fish and chips in the world?

During a walk with Tom we went to The Frog at Skirmett in Bucks. I had heard they served the best fish and chips in the world. Quite a hefty statement, I hear you say, but I had to give them a go. And they are pretty special. The batter is light and crisp and not greasy, as it can so often be. The fish flaked off and was so tasty. The chips were good and well salted. It was served with half a lemon which seemed a bit over generous but welcomed. And the home made tartare sauce was a delight. For £12.50 these fish and chips were pretty special and some of the best I have ever had. Quite possibly the best, although I have to admit I cannot remember every portion I have ever had of this Great British treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment