Thursday 24 April 2014

A three course Sunday lunch

For Mother's Day I planned a three course Sunday lunch, and it all went surprisingly well. For starters I did a pea and coriander soup with chorizo, which I would highly recommend. A very tasty soup which went down well with everyone. For the main I did simple steamed salmon. I put salmon fillets wrapped in foil with lemon and parsley and white wine poured over it and cooked for 25 minutes. With this I made a simple parsley sauce, and I did some vegetables from a Jamie Oliver recipe of cherry tomatoes and green beans with anchovies sprinkled over it and cooked in the oven. For dessert I did a simple meringue with pineapple, mango, passion fruit, kiwi and double cream, flavored with vanilla.

Here's the recipe for the Pea and Coriander Soup with chorizo, from Olive magazine.

Ingredients:
Onion 1 roughly chopped
Butter
Potato 1 medium, peeled and diced
Chicken stock 750ml
Frozen peas 400g
Coriander 1/2 small bunch, roughly chopped
Oliver oil
Sliced chorizo 60g pack, cut into strips

Cook the onion in a knob of butter until softened. Add the potato and cook for a moment then tip in the stock. Simmer until the potato is soft. Keep back a good handful of peas, then add the rest to the pan and bring back to a simmer for two minutes. Add the coriander, stir until just wilted then turn off the heat. Blend until smooth
Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a pan and cook the chorizo until crisp.
Stir the reserved peas into the soup, heat through and serve topped with the chorizo.

No comments:

Post a Comment