Tuesday 19 February 2013

Nigella's shortcut sausage meatballs

I decided to cook a recipe out of Nigellissima for when Penny and Michelle came. I was going to cook them lasagne but as this was covered with cheese, and Penny had given cheese up for lent I went for Nigella’s shortcut sausage meatballs.

They were really easy to make. I couldn’t find any Italian sausages so I went for Cumberland instead. This served three but it says it serves four and I don’t think this would stretch to that many. I served it with tagliatelle and a green salad and tomatoes.

The result is a thick tomatoey sauce with easy, tasty meatballs. It would be great for a quick midweek dinner. Here’s the recipe:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/shortcut_sausage_39857

Earlier in the day we ventured into Marlow for a snack for lunch. It ended up being a mission to even find a parking space and we didn’t find one until car park number 4. We then went to go to a cafe but there was no seats left. We were all feeling pretty hungry by now so we went to the Slug and Lettuce. It is a bit dark in there but otherwise an ok atmosphere. Took a little while to get served and had to wait a bit for the food. But when it was came it was pretty good. Michelle and I went for the Ultimate Platter (£11.95), which had tasty Southern Fried chicken pieces, sticky BBQ ribs, juicy battered mushrooms, thick potato wedges, crispy onion rings and good garlic slices. It was all well cooked and tasty although I wasn’t too impressed with the amount of meat on the ribs. Penny went for the avocado, bacon and chicken Panini which looked pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment