Thursday 7 February 2013

The best thing to see on a dull Saturday- cakes!

FOR an amazing selection of cakes and all things nice then head to Graveney and Meadow in Tooting Broadway. Just a short walk from the tube station this cafe/ bar/ bakery oozes charm. Although slightly dingy- I think the low lighting is perhaps meant to create a relaxed atmosphere- it has a beautiful selection of cake from carrot to loads of different flavoured meringue to chocolate. I was spoilt for choice but went for the Red Velvet Cake. It was moist, chocolatey and really good although I would have liked a bit more topping.

Beforehand I had their breakfast which was well cooked with great ingredients. I also had a non-alcoholic Bloody Mary called a Bloody Shame (great name), which blew my socks off. A great place to go- go here if you are in Tooting instead of the coffee chains.

No comments:

Post a Comment